Congresbury Sites SummaryCongresbury is a village in North Somerset, about 13 miles south of Bristol with a population of some 4,000 people. The river Yeo runs through the village.The north of the village contains woodland and Cadbury Hill, an Iron Age hill fort reoccupied in the post Roman period. The hill fort has been the subject of manual and geographical surveys by YCCCART.South of the river is St Andrews Church, consecrated in 1215. The area around the church has also been the subject of surveys.The eastern part of Congresbury contains Romano-British pottery kilns dating from the 3rd / 4th century. A major YCCCART project has been to establish the extent of these kiln sites in the Venus Street area and nearby hamlet of Iwood.